[MAP] New ICOOL maintainer; some minor code cleanups

Berg, J Scott jsberg at bnl.gov
Tue Jan 29 13:00:09 EST 2013

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know, due to Rick's retirement I am now maintaining ICOOL. The ugly web page for ICOOL is at:

http://www.cap.bnl.gov/ICOOL/

What's there now are basically Rick's old versions, plus a couple of patches that's weren't released into 330.

Please send me any bug reports, and I will otherwise do my best to handle questions and feature requests.

Rob Ryne has been working on parallelizing ICOOL; that is coming along well, and a working version of that will be available on NERSC soon.

I'm doing a bit of easy code cleanup at the moment. I am assuming that nobody cares about the following:

1. Being able to pause ICOOL on a keypress
2. ICOOL generating formfeeds in the output
3. ICOOL generating beeps

Any objections, please let me know...

-Scott