[MAP] MARS15(2012) on BNL computers

Nikolai Mokhov mokhov at fnal.gov
Wed Dec 26 22:12:37 EST 2012

Hi all,

I have successfully installed and tested the newest MARS15(2012) of December 2012 on BNL's
cluster/spot in /home3/nmokhov/restricted/mars15
and rlnxsp01 in /u0b/mokhov/restricted/mars15

The only new feature I could not check on both the clusters is the ROOT geometry, because I couldn't find the required ROOT version 5.32 or 5.34 installed there. Let me know once it is there and I will add this powerful feature.

I have checked all other new modules including EGS5 and ENDF/B.

1. Update your .bashrc in accordance with that in my home directory (MARS, EGS and ENDF/B parts; we would need to define there corresponding ROOT variables once the ROOT is in place).

2 . Copy to your area GNUmakefile, *INP*, m1512.f, marsmain.f and xsdir files as well as the auxiliary directory. The latter contains the newest manual, tutorials, other documentation along with three "How-to" subdirectories on: nuclide inventory; preparation, submission and averaging results of multiple jobs; and rather generic .bashrc example.

As always, to reproduce a sample problem of that in my directory just say

make
time ./rmars-bnab-linux &            for a basic mode

or

make rmars-mcnp-linux

time ./rmars-mcnp-linux &            for a mode with ENDF/B  x-sections for neutrons below 14 MeV

To activate the ROOT or/and EGS5 modules, uncomment corresponding lines at the beginning of GNUmakefile.

Good luck!

Nikolai