[MAP] International Symposium on Opportunities in Underground Physics, 24-27 May

Maury Goodman maury.goodman at anl.gov
Wed Jan 30 11:30:20 EST 2013

Dear Friends:

We would like to draw your attention to The International Symposium on
Opportunities in Underground Physics
(ISOUP)  to be held  at Asilomar in California. The dates of the
symposium are May 25 to May 27. May 24 is the
the travel and registration day.

The International Symposium on Opportunities in Underground Physics is
being organized as a forum to strengthen both US and international
support for a world-class underground facility in the US for physics
research. In particular, we wish to accelerate the construction of LBNE
as a highly capable experiment comprising a high-intensity neutrino beam
and a 20-kiloton or larger far detector located in a deep underground
facility. This configuration for LBNE would enable the physics community
to probe deeply into neutrino physics and pursue a wide range of
fundamental physics goals.

The website for the meeting is here:

http://neutrino.physics.ucdavis.edu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=0

The program will include invited theoretical and experimental talks on
the subjects of neutrino and underground
physics. In addition to the invited talks there  will be a roundtable
discussion concerning international coordination
in this field.  We expect there to be plenty of discussion on the
sidelines of the meeting.
We would like to make this a productive meeting that can inform the
particle and nuclear physics
planning process both in the US and abroad.

We wish to invite you to participate in this symposium.
Please preregister at the symposium  website as soon as you can and
include the
dates in your travel plans.   We will send you a reminder for full
registration shortly.

regards,

*Organizing Committee*:

  * Robert Svoboda (co-chair)