[MAP] MAP Announcement

Stuart Henderson stuarth at fnal.gov
Sun Jan 8 23:08:12 EST 2012

Dear MAP Collaboration Members,

  I am very pleased to announce that Mark Palmer has been appointed as the Muon Accelerator Program Director.  Mark is a well-known and respected accelerator physicist who comes to Fermilab from Cornell University, where he has led the CESR Test Accelerator (CESRTA) program since its inception, as the CESRTA Project Director and Co-PI.  This work followed naturally from his work on International Linear Collider damping ring studies, for which he is presently the working group co-convener.

  Mark brings with him tremendous experience in carrying out a very challenging R&D program in a collaborative environment.  He has broad research interests and experience that I am confident will serve the Program and Collaboration well.

  Mark will start work immediately as Director, on a part time basis, as he makes the transition from Cornell University to Fermilab.

  I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to Steve Geer and Mike Zisman for their leadership in developing and directing the Muon Accelerator Program and in its successful beginnings.

  Please join me in welcoming Mark to this new position and new challenge.

Regards,

Stuart Henderson
Associate Director for Accelerators
Fermilab