[MAP] Light recycling; Piccione lip

Charles M Ankenbrandt ankenbra at fnal.gov
Thu Dec 20 12:25:38 EST 2012

Hi, Kirk.

 Very interesting! Note that the spreading out in time of the resulting photons doesn't matter

if the initial source is CW, on all the time.

 This reminds me some aspects of my recent proposal called N-Ring CircUS; namely, the muons

make multiple passes before finally finding their way out of the ring via a septum. And since the

source is CW, it doesn't matter that it takes time to get out.

 Another way to say it is that, for a 100% duty cycle situation, only 5D of the 6D phase space

matters.

 I've attached a brief summary of the N-Ring CircUS idea.

--Chuck