[MAP] Correction (Re: Hamiltonian-gauge potentials

Pavel Snopok snopok at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 01:48:46 EDT 2011

Rob,

To confirm that eigen-emittances are not constant in the nonlinear case,
I've run the beam with the following parameters in g4beamline (MICE Step
IV beam for wedge absorber simulations): p_ref=200 MeV/c, norm.
longitudinal emittance 90 mm, norm. transverse emittance 6 mm,
sigma_x=sigma_y=37 mm, sigma_px=sigma_py=17 MeV/c, sigma_pz=29 MeV/c,
sigma_T=1.25 ns, no dispersion. The lattice is a simple drift of 3.3 m.
I calculated eigen-emittance the way you suggested in your slides at the
MAP meeting. Since the drift is nonlinear, and the beam occupies a
rather large phase space, all three emittances grow in the similar way
the rms emittances (=based on the second moment matrix) do.

Pavel