[MAP] Liouville's theorem and electromagnetic fields

Kirk T McDonald kirkmcd at Princeton.EDU
Fri Mar 11 14:04:16 EST 2011

Alexander,

Thanks for your comments on these intriguing issues.

Your are another whom I don't know, and whom apparently some of my MAP
colleagues feel should be shielded from comments by me, and vice versa.

Your Fermilab TM with Sergei Naigetsev is very nice.

I see that you quote ref. 4 = book of Reiser as noting that phase volume is
the same whether or not a vector potential is included in the calculation.

If I follow your paper, you use this result to justify ignoring the vector
potential in your calculations.

It would appear that you are at odds with Alexey Burov who seems to insist
that you must use a vector potential.

--Kirk