[MAP] Liouville's theorem and electromagnetic fields

Alexey Burov burov at fnal.gov
Thu Mar 10 17:33:43 EST 2011

One remark to Swann's paper:
His theorem relates to the total emittance, not to the partial ones.
Partial emittances are sensitive to eA/c term.

A possible way to get rid of eA/c inside solenoidal structures is to
make a fake 0-length edge of the solenoid at a place where emittances
are calculated; kicks from the edge solenoidal fields have to be taken
into account, of course.

Alexey.