[MAP] Reassignment

Michael Zisman mszisman at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 15 16:08:54 EDT 2011

To: MAP participants

From: Mike Zisman

Re: Reassignment

As many of you have heard already, I will as of today step down as Interim
Co-Director of MAP. I will be taking an assignment at DOE-HEP in Germantown
for the next year as a "detailee" from LBNL.

I have been working with all of you on muon-beam R&D for more than 10 years
now, initially as Project Manager for the NFMCC and more recently as
Co-Director of MAP. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in this endeavor, as I
feel it is a path to a future for HEP in general and Fermilab in particular.
I will miss not only the work but the many colleagues I have come to know
over the years. Especially, I have been privileged to work closely with
Steve Geer in the past 18 months. I hope you will continue to give him your
full support until the new MAP Director is in place.

I wish all of you the best in your quest and look forward to hearing about
your continued progress toward a muon collider and/or a neutrino factory.

--
Michael S. Zisman
Mail Stop 71R0211

Phone: 510-486-5765        E-mail: mszisman at lbl.gov