[MAP] comparing and assessing cooling techniques; June 23, 2 pm CDT

Tom Roberts tjrob at fnal.gov
Tue Jun 22 15:36:13 EDT 2010

As previously announced, we will hold a MAP secondary meeting:

      Wednesday June 23, 2010, 2 pm CDT
      Room: The Rec Room, WH 4 NW
      Phone: 510-665-5437, meeting ID: 0002 (no password)
      Subject: Comparing and Assessing Cooling Techniques - 2
      Leader:  Tom Roberts

This is the second in an ongoing series of meetings and discussions about how to
compare and assess the different cooling techniques for a muon collider. As
previously discussed, this is non-trivial, and depends on the overall block
diagram of the cooling channel, with perhaps influences on the preceding front
end and the following acceleration sections.

This meeting will focus on the overall block diagram of the cooling channel, in
particular:
   * how to do charge separation?
   * how to do charge recombination?
   * how to do bunch merging?
   * how the above affect the cooling channel block diagram
   * how to get people to start thinking about these components, designing
     them, and simulating them

I will start with a short presentation on the issues. Most of the meeting will
be a free-form discussion. For that to succeed we need as many experts as
possible to be present.

Tom Roberts