May 22-26, 2000
Naval Postgraduate School (NPS)
¨ A map of NPS is in the registration packet.
¨ Workshop Phone Number: (M-Th 8 AM- 5 PM, F 8 AM – 1 PM)
¨ Breaks: Coffee and pastries will be served at 8:30 AM each morning in the Ingersoll Hall lobby.
- Breaks will be held at 10:30 AM and 3:30 PM in the Ingersoll lobby.
¨ Lunches and Banquet: Your name badge, which has a colored sticker on it, will be used in place of a ticket for lunches and the banquet.
- The lunches and banquet will be held in the Barbara McNitt Ballroom in Herrmann Hall.
- The Workshop admin. staff will lead us to Hermann Hall and the ballroom the first day.
- The banquet will be held on Wednesday evening at 6:30 PM.
- The deadline for signing up for the banquet is Monday at the 3:30 PM break.
- There will be “free time” Wednesday afternoon after the lunch hour at 2 PM.
¨ Dinner: Everyone is one their own for dinner.
- A list of recommended restaurants in Monterey County are in your registration packet.
¨ Computers: There are no computer facilities available at the NPS for our use.
- A special Computer Room has been set up at the Hilton for your use during the workshop.
- The laptops at the workshop administration desk are for the administrative staff only.
¨ Copier: There will be a copier at NPS for your use during the workshop.
- It is located in the Ingersoll lobby.
¨ Plenary Session Talks: All talks will be scanned and put on the web each day.
- Each speaker should give their talks to the Workshop administrative staff after their talk is completed.
¨ Working Groups: The room locations are in your registration packet along with a map of NPS.
- Each Working Group needs to assign a Working Group Secretariat.
- This person will be responsible for collecting the talks given for the Working Group and giving them to the Workshop administrative staff for copying and scanning.
¨ Hilton Monterey fax number: (831) 655-8608
¨ There is no charge for faxes received.
¨ Faxes can be sent through the hotel’s Business Center.
¨ The charge for sending faxes is $2.00 (domestic) and $5 (international) per page, which will be charged to the sender’s room.
¨ Computer Room (at the Hilton)
¨ We have secured a locked Computer Room at the Monterey Hilton (in the Peninsula Room).
¨ This room is located to your right as you enter the main lobby to the hotel.
¨ There will be 10 computers (with internet access), one black and white laser printer and one color Deskjet printer for your use during the workshop.
¨ There will also be a copy machine for your use in this room as well.
¨ There will be transparencies available for the printers as well as the copier.
¨ Internet access
There will be instructions posted in the Computer Room as to how to access the internet for checking e-mail.
¨ Computer Room Hours
Sunday: 3:30 - 9 PM
Monday & Tuesday: 8 AM – 9 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM – 9 PM
Thursday: 8 AM – 9 PM
Friday: 7-9 AM
¨ NOTE: Everything on the hard drive will be purged Friday morning, as the rental computers will be returned to the vendor at 10 AM.
¨ Hilton Restaurant Hours: 6:30 AM – 2 PM and 5-10 PM daily
Attendees List: Please inform the admin. staff of any corrections/additions to your directory information by Tuesday morning. An updated copy of the list will be posted on the web by the end of the workshop.